As I’m sure you will have realised, in these exceptional circumstances, the AGM on the 20th April cannot go ahead as planned. Rather than postpone to some unspecified later date, the committee has decided to instead hold the AGM by email. Members will get all the usual papers in due course by email and will be asked to respond with approval, abstention or disapproval and collated votes will be circulated. We hope you approve of these arrangements but if there are any concerns (or if anyone would like to volunteer to join the committee) please email us. I’m sure there will be time for any discussion at our first meeting in September (assuming this is all over by then).
It is sensible to postpone the final part of our dig at High Carlingill as the social distancing measures are highly unlikely to be relaxed by then. We hope to get approval from HLF to carry forward the unspent part of the generous grant to finish off at some later date but his is hardly a priority in the current circumstances. We are lucky to have got so much done already at this site. The reports on the completed work are on the website on the High Carlingill page and in the Reports section.
Stay safe and healthy everyone. Take care of yourselves and your families and we will look ofrward to seeing you when this is all over.